Friday, March 30, 2007

Catching Up.....Again


Okay, I just don't understand how all you other bloggers do it. Time just always gets away from me. There are always about a hundred and fifty projects going on in my life it seems. We've started the big remodeling project. Soon I will have a sewing, craft, and laundry room with all the storage we have been lacking, a family room, and new bathroom with an air tub. We've been busy picking out everything, and things have been going pretty quickly, now that they have started. Since I work at night and sleep during the daytime, the last couple of weeks have been pretty hectic. You just don't realize how loud plumbers, electricians, and carpenters can be until you try to sleep through the noise.

Lately, I have been spending a lot of my time practicing for a really big show. Yes, I am a secret closet belly dancer. There, I've said it. (This is obviously the gypsy side, not the victorian). I started taking lessons a few years ago as a present to myself on a significant birthday. I've been going to practice and even joined a troupe. But, I've always been afraid to dance. I think I have really deep psychological problems dating back to my first and only recital when I was seven, and compounded by a horrible slumber party experience in my early teens. My dance sisters have always been encouraging as I retreat to the back row and say "don't look at me!!!(the very straight laced victorian side). I've gotten nervous and backed out whenever there has been an opportunity to perform. But this time I am not giving myself that option. No matter what happens, I'm going through with it. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful that you are learning and growing! Belly dancing has to be good forl you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:51 PM

    I'm sorry to hear about your past problems. It's wonderful to have a way to cope isn't it? Great picture and I just have to say this...YOU GOO!!! When it comes to belly dancing I wish I could do that too...hehehehe I couldn't if I tried though...lolol Anyhoo, wonderful post! :)
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it!!!!! however with that being said it is hard to put yourself out there.
    I am sick again love, your March doll is very late and i know this and am really sorry, i promise i will be getting this out. I just need to heal right now. i have an idea floating forming in my soul, so it will be very late but i have not forgotten.Take care and good luck
    ANg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:21 AM

    Wow wish I could belly dance. I live in such a small town. I have never heard of any classes around here for belly dancing. You go girl with the performance. Wishing you lots of Luck, Strength, Love, Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete