Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Winner!

Look at this! I won an award. According to my good new friend Jodie, of everything vintage, I am a Kreativ Blogger. This is so exciting. I feel like someday I can play with the big kids. I'm still thinking of who to give it to--there are so many wonderful blogs out there, so I'll be back shortly with some names.
As for the Christmas decorating fiasco, it is coming around but still not finished. The tree is up and it looks perfect, because it is fake. This is my first Christmas ever with an artificial tree, and it just makes me feel sad. I don't know why, but it does. My husband loves it. All he had to do was carry the box in and he was finished. No lights. No setting the tree at all angles trying to get it to look even. No deciding which was the best side. This tree has way too many lights on it for me. All you can see when you look at it is a blinding glare. I prefer a simpler tree, with a bad side.
My daughter Meg, bought her first artificial tree too, and doesn't like it either. We've decided to trade next year. I think the thing that I dislike the most is that the tree always will look the same. But we have solved that. Next year she will have the big fat one with a million colored lights, and I will have the tall skinny one with white lights. We both feel better already.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, I am a first time visitor, I like your ATC album very nice. you are a crafty bloger.TTFN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love love love your wonderful Victorian home and pictures below!! Thank you so much for your order from my Etsy shop! Your goodies will go out in tomorrows mail! I finished writing and posting the workshop over at Little Faerie Tales, I hope you will stop by and take a peek! Have a beautiful holiday season my sweet friend. Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to pop in and say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I am having a little giveaway, if you want to visit and enter!

    ReplyDelete