Sunday, January 04, 2009

Time Again







Well, the holidays are over. Decorations are finally put away, and it's time for some serious creating. I've never put up any pictures of my finished craft room, so here are some when it is relatively neat. Yes, I do have a fixation for drawers. The only problem is, I like to have everything where I can see it when I am working. The best arrangement for me would probably have been lots of open shelves. But my husband-the neat freak-wants everything hidden. The other half of this large room is laundry area and sink and counters. If I had been thinking, I probably would have insisted on a small room with a door so everything could be hidden away. But then I couldn't have had all these wonderful old cupboards. Does anyone remember when we bought the big one? Originally it was in an old school, and then an auto parts shop. We had to cut it into two cupboards to fit the space that we had. Our eyes were bigger than our room at the auction! With this wonderful room, you think I'd be making something, wouldn't you? Big plans for 2009, I promise.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome studio Sandi!

    Okay, I am so jealous.

    I'm not your "fwiend" anymore...your playroom is prettier than mine! tee hee!

    Seriously, what artist wouldn't want a multitude of drawers like that??? That's just totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi,
    Just wanted to let you know I added you to the blogroll. So glad you're joining in the fun. Of course I remember you. I love my wishes!!
    Love your studio too!!!
    Happy New Year.
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG What a space! I could just dream about what is in all those drawers. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your craft room! Where did you get the awesome furniture? I'd love to have something with lots of drawers in my room--I'm just starting a craft room--it's a pretty small room, but I'm hoping to get it painted and fixed up soon. We recently moved into a new house--it was a model home, but not decorated in a vintage style, so I have to be creative with that room somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your drawers, but like you I like my stuff on show so I can grab it and go lol; my husband hates to see all my gear on show (must be a man thing)
    Looks like a great space to create in - I will be back to see the wonders you create here

    ReplyDelete