Monday, March 09, 2009

Still Knitting



I am still enthralled with double pointed needles, so I have to show my finished items! The little bag is called a miser's purse. The brass rings in the middle slide to open and close each little bag at the ends. It is a very old style and I love it.
I got the baby hat pattern from my knitting group, but you can find it here. It's a great little hat for practicing cables. I've started another in green, so I don't forget how to do it! Just in case you are too impressed with all my color changes-I've used varigated yarn. The bag is done with a sock yarn and I just love the colors. Very VictorianGypsy, don'tcha think?

2 comments:

  1. Hi the hat is darling, but I can't image using 4 needles when I have problems with just too..heheh!!! I should take a class cuz I enjoy knitting...but do just straight knit and pearl..scarves..heheh! Crocheting is more up my alley...wtg hon..
    Bevie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girlie!
    Isn't it just FUN when you start a new hobby? I'd love to learn how to knit...I like the idea of cuddling up in a big chair and just flicking those needles back and forth!
    Cute!
    Jodie
    everything vintage

    ReplyDelete