Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Memory Lane and a Give A Way

Can you believe this was my favorite book when I was in the 5th grade? Last week a friend and I were talking about books we'd loved as children, and I got very nostalgic about this one. I couldn't remember the name-just that it was about a gypsy girl named Miranda and a horse. Started looking and there it was on Ebay! I think this was the book that started my gypsy fixation. So I just finished reading it again.I was a bit disturbed because she was sixteen and fell in love with and got engaged to a 26 year old. Eww-hadn't remembered that part.
We're still looking for "A Hatbox for Mimi". Anyone remember that one? I know, I know I'm old.
Speaking of, July is my birthday month, and I'm thinking of all sorts of ways to celebrate it. So starting now, I'm having a give a way on July 15 for anyone who posts between now and then.

8 comments:

  1. I'm in! I want it! (whatever it is!!!! tee hee)

    Happy Birthday month!
    You have a box from me coming in the mail shortly...I hope you get it today!!!! Let me know if you LOVE it so I can post about it...

    I might even have to give a sneak peek on my blog today!!!

    Happy Birthday Month Sandi!!!!!!!!
    everything vintage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Your blog is great. It's my birthday month too, and I'm very excited for it, though I'm starting off sick. boo. More time for reading blogs though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popped over from Jodie's blog to wish you a Happy Birthday month, Sandi. I'm excited that you'll be a vendor @ Silver Bella---I'll stop by and introduce myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm here fresh from Jodie's blog and oh boy, am I glad to be here because I know I'll love this.

    I love posts about old childhood books as well - have written about them several times on my blog. I don't recall this particular one, but it looks enticing.

    I hope you have a beautiful Birthday month!! :)

    Linda in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy happy birthday!! I hope you find tons of ways to celebrate! My daughter's birthday is this month also, which means by the time she is done celebrating with family and friends we will have had cake 3 times! Life can't get much better than that. Have a wonderful birthday.

    My favorite book (6th grade book fair purchase) New Young Ideas in Decorating. Totally early 70's hippy chic, and I actually found a copy at the ultimate used bookstore, Wonderbook and Video. Too fun!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandi!
    My favorite...Black Beauty! I wanted a horse so bad, just like every little girl wants about that age.
    Happy Birthday Month!!
    Count me in to help celebrate your b-day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:39 AM

    Yes, I remember that book. I guess I must be getting old!!! Have always loved vintage books.

    Please count me in for your birthday celebration.

    Connie (chubmoma@verizon.net)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm here from Jodie's blog, too. Happy birthday month! I LOVED The Boxcar Children in elementary school. I am old.

    ReplyDelete