Tuesday, May 04, 2010

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Rest Of My Life



Well, once again, it has certainly been a while for me, and as you may guess, some things have changed in my life. I've actually been very busy, finishing my delightful job at the Legislature, interviewing for a new career, and starting back at my seasonal museum job. Yes, indeedy, I was getting things in control. And then suddenly, I bumped right into the cancer whammy. So that's where I am right now, diagnosed and waiting for the next step. Talk about shock and awe. I still can't believe it. I am finding that writing is very helpful to me, so I may actually become a better blogger. As you can see, I am looking for that silver lining. This blog may take a crazy turn for a little while, but I am hoping that some of you will stay with me, as I learn from this journey I must take, and come out a better person for it.


"Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person; having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but to pour them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away." ~ George Eliott