Wednesday, January 05, 2011

New Year, New Words

Everybody picks words for the year any more, rather than resolutions. Obviously, my word for the year should be procastination, since we are already five days into 2011. I have two words. The first one picked me, but I think I need it. The word is ACCEPTANCE. There are so many things I want to accept. This is kind of a no brainer, I guess. This year I want to accept that sometimes there are no answers. This is a tough one for me, because I expect everything to have a reason.  I accept that I will not do all the things I want to do, because I accept the fact that I'm not so young as I think I am. I do not accept getting funny emails about all the awful things that are part of our lives now that we are old. I laugh, but I do not accept them. I accept that taking care of my health is something I have to do now, not later. I accept that treats are okay, too.  I accept that every day isn't a perfect day, but that there is something perfect in every day.
My other word, the one that I am deliberately choosing is SOAR. This is my year to soar, and to shine, and to enjoy. 
Also I do have a goal. Before this year ends, I would like to have at least 200 followers on my blog. So please, follow me, and ask your friends to follow me. It's going to be good.  Just accept it.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said, Scarlette. (:
    I hope the New Year brings you all of this, and more. Especially peace.
    Much Love, Fleur

    ReplyDelete