Monday, January 06, 2014

Word of the Year-2014


Every year I pick a word. And this year the word is Discovery. Or Discover. Or Discovering. I thought about picking Adventure, but want to notice and learn about things first. I actually used this worksheet to help me pick out a word. I thought about nearly a dozen words, but discover was the one that seemed just right for the year I have ahead. Last year's word was mindfulness, and I spent most of the year thinking about things, and moving and clearing out my life. So this is the year to discover new things about my self and my world.
Did anyone notice that the link goes to an address called "Word of the Year Discovery Tool". I filled out five pages of worksheets trying to come up with the perfect word for me. And only just now I noticed that I "borrowed" my word right from the title! Maybe I need to go back to "Mindfulness" for another year! Stay warm and think about a word. It's probably right in front of you.

4 comments:

  1. Hello fellow Gypsy thanks for visiting my blog and following.I look forward to your Victorian persuasions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems to me that the word "Discovery" was put on that tool page for you to DISCOVER!!! I have never chosen a word for year, and I don't make resolutions..but my word for now is JOY! Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s....I love Flavia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for visiting my blog, and I think you picked a great word. "Discovery" holds so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete