Saturday, November 18, 2017

Best of Plans

A few weeks ago, in a very productive moment, I made a commitment to write here once a week. It seemed like a good plan at the time! And now it is Saturday again. My mind doesn't exactly go blank, but I never know how to cohesively put things together, so that this writing has a theme. Tonight, I think that the theme is just my life and muddling through, with a lot of surprises along the way. Years ago, when I began recording my thoughts, I thought this would be a creating, crafting, homemaking blog. Well, since I don't really have a home, and now I don't even have a kitchen, that isn't happening.
 I miss having a real home, more now than when I first moved here. I was in a fog for such a long time, and nothing meant much at all to me. At least I have finally gotten past that (mostly). I enjoy living here in the fraternity. I like all the background noise, really. I like the energy, and I like the friendly hellos.  It is good for me, and contrasts and balances well with my other work. I have realized I am in a time of contentment with where I am right now. And every day I try not to envy what I don't have. And of course, I'm not so happy when the fire alarm goes off, or someone presses the elevator panic button. That hardly ever happens, except for the past two nights! Maybe contentment isn't quite the right word. Adventure? Sleep Deprivation?
I heard something today that I will remember. Somebody said to Outlive life. That probably means something different to everyone. But to me, it means that we can have lots of different times in our life, and we should make the most of them all. Even when our plans don't happen the way we think they should.
A Saturday Wish: Reach for your dreams. They contain life's magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment