Friday, January 04, 2008

Caucus Fever in my Hometown

Everyone has deserted us and gone on to New Hampshire. Iowa is now the land of the lost and the lonely. The caucus was yesterday and after weeks and months, everything has quieted down. For months, the politicians and the press have been everywhere! We've been courted with daily phone calls, and coffee mugs, pins and pens, magnets, sandwiches, snow shovels, and bottles of water. Candidates have posed for pictures with our babies, and signed autographs. It was really pretty exciting, and I think, a good sign that people are interested in what's going to happen with our country. My candidate didn't win, but I think everything went well anyway. Iowa has had our little place in the news, and now I think we are all ready to get back to normal. I haven't been very active in politics, but find it fascinating. Many, many years ago, I spent the last semester of high school as a page in the Iowa senate. Whoops, just a little trip down Memory Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment