Saturday, November 04, 2017

The Vagabond Traveler

I have been working on a little project called "The Jessie Chorley Friendship Quilt". It isn't finshed yet, but I thought it would be fun to share, along with some exciting (for me, anyway) news. I ordered a kit for this embroidery and pieced quilt from one of my favorite shops in London. I haven't been there, but I think it is probably tiny and quaint. The embroidery templates, thread, and some fabrics came in this little canvas bag. The idea behind it is that people work together and share materials to finish their quilts. Her shop was a bit far for me, so I just worked alone, while I watched British mysteries on the telly.

 They aren't very big. I think it will measure about 14 inches by 22 inches when it is finished. Mine will go on one of my walls. Most of the fabrics are vintage and it is very primitive in design. I am hoping to have lots of embroidery included. The exciting news for me is that I will take it with me when I visit London, and hope to get a photo opportunity in her shop.
Yes, I am going to England again. I always think that maybe I should visit someplace else, but I am drawn to England in so many, many ways. And there are still so many places I haven't seen, or need to see again. This time my two traveling friends and I are visiting small villages close to London, and spending two days in the city. We will be living for two weeks in Hollow Tree Cottage. Part of the cottage was built in the sixteenth century and has a thatched roof.  I'm hoping it isn't too cold, because we will be there the end of November and first part of December. Yes, in just a few weeks. I usually need a long time to plan a trip. As much as I would like to be a spontaneous traveler, I am not one. But this journey came about very suddenly, and everything fell into place. Sometimes life can be grand!
My Saturday Wish from the WishBottle: Nobody really cares if you are miserable, so you might as well be happy. Cynthia Nelms

No comments:

Post a Comment