Tuesday, September 06, 2011

More Loose Change




The runner is finally done, and I am quite pleased with it. Lovely felted wool pieces are stitched onto a calico base. I made it a bit smaller than originally intended so that it would also fit as a banner on the fireplace. I've never used this space before, but with a tension curtain rod, I can hang this right up. What a versatile piece it has turned out to be. I've also made an eyeglass case and a pincushion. I think my next project will be a sewing case. I'm having fun just having all the little pieces of wool to choose from. Now, as I look at the first picture, I realize that is before it was finished. I added some embellishment to the leaves and flowers later. Well, you get the idea--it's done, it's done!


3 comments:

  1. Lovely! It looks nice where you've hung it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. I am glad you have found a little peace in creating. I think the grief goods concept is a good one. Have a lovely weekend, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh congrats on finishing it!

    ReplyDelete