Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Portrait from Tess and Wise Words

Tess, who will be four in November, drew this picture for me. She calls it "Grammie in the Rain". I knew I had a black cloud over my head, but I had hoped I was hiding it from others. This week is the one year anniversary since we lost Rich. At the time I thought that was the worst thing that could happen. I don't know how I could have gotten through it without Jim. This week we will all be spending a lot of time together. Tomorrow the littlest of the grands will help me get out the Halloween decorations. This weekend we will all spend time cleaning up the yard for fall and celebrating life.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its' place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good." Anonymous

7 comments:

  1. Children are so perceptive, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of the mouth of Babes', they say.....and this is one of my favorite quotes....I am thinking of you always, Scarlette. Much Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello amazingly beautiful Brave Girl! You are my inspiration to wake up each morning. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi,
    I wanted to let you know that you are the winner of my Practical Magic altered Art Book here at havinghwritten-rpl.blogspot.com.

    Send me your mailing details so that I can get it off to you when the last page is completed.
    Congrats!

    paulette

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just noticed that I misspelled my blog address.
    It is havingwritten-rpl.blogspot.com

    I hope to hear from you soon.

    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:30 AM

    You're strong and you're a survivor. I miss you.
    Let me know when you're ready to read some paranormal romance and I'll send you my book.
    Remember: Today I'm doing the best I can with who I am.
    And that's all you need to do.
    Blessings to you always, T

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the kids are able to express so much with a couple of crayons. Beyond the black cloud is a crystal clear sky. Grammie will find it. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete