Saturday, June 19, 2010

Not Exactly The Tour I Envisioned

Hi there,
Finally got my computer fixed, but now I can't seem to upload pictures. This is one corner of my basement workshop, alias studio. Hopefully more pictures will happen! I have a thing for cupboards and drawers. Unfortunately, I am not inspired to work unless everything is out where I can see it, so I do spend a lot of time looking through cupboards and drawers to see what I have forgotten. My studio space is one half of a long room. The other half has a small kitchenette area and the laundry. The only thing I would have changed was to have it all behind doors, so I could shut off projects in progress. My husband thought that this way would keep me from being so messy, ha ha.
My other two walls have a cupboard that we cut in half. It was originally about 15 feet long with about 120 drawers! It wouldn't fit into the space before, but after altering it and adding bookshelves to the cut ends, it is perfect! I also have a counter space for my sewing machine, and a large table in the middle of the room. And, yes, all the drawers are appropriately labeled!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great space. I love the drawers! :)

    I hope you get the upload thing down soon.

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice studio - I wonder what lurks in all those drawers! Making a mess is part of the creative fun but it's nice to be able to put it all away, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, those cupboards are fabulous! Sorry you had such trouble with uploading..I've enjoyed seeing these photos..just beautiful.

    I'd love for you to come over for a stroll through my studio. It's been an ongoing transformation for almost a year since I moved in to our new home.

    Have a wonderful day,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your fabulous vintage storage! My goodness, you've found some wonderful pieces. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All those drawers drop my jaw without even seeing the entire room. Thank you for sharing and good luck with the fickle technology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice studio space, I like the old cabinets with all the small drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cabinet of drawers who wouldn't love that...storing all your yummy supplies! Thanks for sharing it all with us..it is a fantastic space!

    ReplyDelete