Sunday, January 23, 2011

Soul Restoration

I know I promised myself that I would post more, but I have been spending every available minute Mod podging, collaging, journaling, cutting, pasting, and thinking. I am totally involved in this wonderful workshop. I knew I was a brave girl after everything that has happened to me in the past year, but I can use all the reinforcement that I can get. Right now we are working on a time line, which is kind of scary because it only goes to age 80. Now I imagine that some of you think that is an advanced age, but to me it seems like it is right around the corner, especially as I see how quickly my time has gone so far. So I am adding an envelope at the end of mine to put all those things I will still want to do after I am eighty. I know several women who are still volunteering, working at jobs they love, traveling, and enjoying life in general. That's the way I plan to be.
Seriously, this is a great class. I am learning all sorts of things. There are four weeks left, and I will be sorry to see it end.

8 comments:

  1. I'm a Brave Girl, too. I love the concept of putting people on the Moon. My Soul House had some Ghosts in it. I am so much lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous Sandi. I agree, I think 80 and beyond can still be productive, happy years. There are many gals out there to prove it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog on the owoh event. All the women in my family lived way past 80. The female of the species is pretty strong I think.Let me know if you get around to contributing to the event again. All the best, Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is lovely. Thanks so much for visiting me and commenting on my OWOH post, Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog... I can use all the support I can get right now and I so appreciate yours! Great idea for the envelope after 80... I, too, feel a little odd that it ends at 80, while I know it doesn't mean life ends at 80, it's just a tad jarring when you look and think of it. I may "lift" your envelope idea for all the things I still want to do after 80. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's WONDERFUL that you are involved in this class and creating!! :) My Mom is 80 and my Dad is 85 and both of them have become more and more negative about life and I try to get them to see that life continues on and should continue on in abundance until the end and that even at 80, there could be 20 or more years left... you just never know and do we want to spend our time grouchy, or living it to the fullest? I hope that I'm the later. ♥

    Hoping you'll continue on in abundance, doing what you love and trying new things. :)

    I like your blog,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi from another brave sister!
    I love the header on your blog - beautiful
    We are so lucky to be able to take this wonderful journey
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing, I haven't started the course yet, but enjoy picking up bits and pieces of other ladies experiences.
    Keep smiling and creating...

    ReplyDelete