Monday, October 14, 2019

Mr and Mrs Brafford

And We Are Married

Our Immediate Families 

Outside the Yellow House


The Yellow House

On October 12, 2019 I changed my name. I am now Sandra Moran Brafford. And I couldn't be happier. Everything went as planned, and was perfect. Except I cried like a baby when I said my vows. This surprised everyone I think, especially me.
We had a book themed wedding. Next time I will show more pictures of all the ways we used books in the ceremony. John was such a good sport. He has loaded and unloaded my bookcases several times in the past few weeks. They made the perfect wedding arch. We decorated the shelves with special items, and books, of course. I tried to find book titles that included all the names, but ran out of time. Some of the ones that I thought would be most difficult to find were actually easy. I found grandsons Oskar and Cass right away, but got stuck on more common names. And if I had proceeded, I would have filled all the shelves with books.
We took a family photo  and almost thought we would get everyone. Oskar and his new brother Leif, stayed home in Minnesota with their mama, since Baby is only a few days old. Two of the KC grands were sick and couldn't come either. We'll keep trying for that big photo.
We had lots of help putting everything together and I am so grateful for all my talented friends and family. They helped to create just the wedding we wanted.
I walked down the aisle to an Eagles song, "No More Cloudy Days". One of our early dates was at an Eagles concert, and that quickly became "our" song.  Our ceremony was very short, but meaningful
Our Readings
Life is amazing and then it's awful. And then it's amazing again. And in between the amazing and the awful, it's ordinary and mundane and routine. Breathe in the amazing, hold on through the awful and relax and exhale through the ordinary. That's just living, heartbreaking, soul-healing , amazing, awful, ordinary life.  And it's breathtakingly beautiful.                    (Anon)

And now at last
They were beginning
Chapter One
of the great story
No one on earth
Has ever read 
Which goes on forever
In which every chapter is 
Better than the one before.                  C.S. Lewis

The Vows

John:   You have brought light back into my life. You are my today and all of my tomorrows.
And when we are old, let's sit at the breakfast table for hours, watching the birds and the squirrels. Let's walk together, (holding hands) in the evening as the sun goes down, and sit on the porch, reading aloud from our books, But mainly, we'll just love each other.

Sandi: (CRYING LOUDLY)  I didn't want to fall in love or to need someone ever again.I really didn't want anything. But then you appeared and became everything I wanted. You are my home and my adventure.
You are my love story
And I write you into
Everything I do
Everything I see
Everything I touch
And everything I dream
You are the words
That fill my pages.

     The Rings

This ring is a token of my love for you. I marry you with this ring. And with all that I have. And all that I am.

It was very short and absolutely wonderful. I wanted to post it here, in case you missed it because of all the crying.  
And now the wedding is ended, And the marriage begins!

                      



7 comments:

  1. I cried at the reading of the vows! I think most of craft night cried, too! So glad you both are so happy! Sherry said we were there in the beginning of your wonderful romance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was beautiful, Sandi. And so are you. I’m so happy that you are happy again and that you have found someone to love and someone who loves you. May your blessings continue for many years to come.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. How touching and personal. I'm crying too and so happy that you are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Sandy!! Congratulations ♥️♥️
    Hug's, carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially loved the vows. How wonderful to meet your soulmate. Much love to you both and Congratulations!
    Cindee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cried when I married my now hubby to, our first other's died but we are still happy after 22 years

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you Sandi! Wishing you much happiness in your new life with John!

    ReplyDelete