Wednesday, December 11, 2019

On The Road Again

Who ever would have guessed that I am a gypsy cowgirl? I love this town! We got our car back yesterday afternoon and all went well. I am going to miss the push button start and especially the heated seats on the rental.
Last night we went to a lovely restaurant called "Altitude". We do notice the altitude here. It is nearly 8000 feet. We are used to less than a thousand. So many of the shops are on the second stories of the old buildings. (Remember when I mentioneded the brothels?) Lots and lots of stairs!!
Today we shopped and our first stop was the bookstore we visited last time. Next door is a used bookstore and coffee shop called Night Heron Books.  There are lots of little coffee shops and candy stores. 



 "The Chocolate Cellar" is another great shop. I have never seen such a display of antique chocolate boxes and  candy tins.



I loved "Cowgirl Yarns." We actually saw four men come in while we were there, so I'm hoping John didn't feel too out of place. One of the men sat down and worked on his knitting.
Another really fun shop was "Miss Etta's Place." Remember Etta Place, The Sundance Kid's lady friend. Loved it. They even had a free hot chocolate bar. I felt like I was in a Hallmark movie!
We did more shopping and bought several ornaments for our first tree together. We had a very good day and planning for an uneventful ride home
tomorrow. Yippee Yi Yo and a Merry, merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment