Monday, February 23, 2009

OWOH Hand Warmers And A Bit of This and That


Gotta love these hand warmers I received from Barbara at All About the Buttons. They are just perfect to wear while typing here in my chilly attic. Look at her packaging too. They arrived wrapped in tissue, with a large button sticker. The little folder of handmade paper is adorned with a real button and encases her business card, which also has a teeny, tiny button glued on it. I love how she does that. If you like buttons, be sure to visit her site. She has an etsy shop too.
Things have been kind of crazy here lately. I've always thought that being flexible was one of my strengths, but now it seems like I have no schedule at all. I won't be working full time again until mid April, and now it seems like I'm never quite sure where I am or what I'm supposed to be doing. My first temp job has ended. This was my first experience with being an office temp and I am really not suited for it. By the last day I worked, some of the people were actually saying hello to me, but most of the time "the temp" felt pretty invisible (and clueless, I might add). I was hoping to stay there longer, but they fired someone on my first day, and then decided that they needed to have a full time office manager with accounting experience, rather than a two day a week receptionist. Originally, I was going to be there for a couple of months, which would have been perfect, rather than just a few weeks.
About half an hour after I was "released from my contract", and feeling like I had been totally rejected by the workforce, I got a call and picked up about 40 hours in March as our soap maker at my real job. We are going to be selling lye soap in our LHF gift shop and as of now, I'll be the first one making it. So that will help. See what I mean--no set schedule, no continuity, but lots of surprises, and very small paychecks.

4 comments:

  1. I received my BEAUTIFUL surprise from you...after I fainted and hit my head on the table, went to the hospital and had 13 stitches, I was able to try it on! (just kidding...about the hospital!) I blogged about it...

    NOTE TO EVERYONE READING THIS:
    You have to go to my blog right now & see what Sandi made...it's beautiful. Make a special order with Sandi right now because Mother's Day is coming up (& birthdays too!)

    It will be great for Sandi to make these for you while she is home until April...

    Sandi,
    Your gifts are too cute! Sorry to hear about your job. Keep creating until then!!!!

    Thank you SO much!
    Love you
    Jodie
    everything vintage

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came right over after reading about your sleeve sister at Jodie's blog. I just love it!!!!!!! I remembered you made them for OWOH----you and Jodie are quite the bellas. I know you sound sad about the temp job--it is a cruel world out there, but soap making sounds more like you. I hope you share with pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Compliments on the gorgeous bracelet that Jodie received. Silver Bell Sleeve Sisters, I love it. I can see what you mean about not having a set schedule. That would throw me into a spin and I would never accomplish anything. (Not that I accomplish much as it is) Good luck on the next adventure, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the wonderful shout out. I do hope the gloves bring you warmth. Sorry to hear about your work but remember when one door closes another opens, so maybe it's soap for your future.
    Best,
    Barbra

    ReplyDelete