Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Look What I Can Do!

For the past few Monday nights I have been going to Knitting, gathering with a few of my co-workers who are much more skilled than I will ever be, and learning to knit with double pointed needles! Like this sweet lady in the picture, I can now knit in the round with 4 needles. I've finished my first project, a miser's purse, and am now working on a small hat with cables. I am so excited to have finally learned how to do this. For you experienced knitters, this may seem like a minor accomplishment, but I never thought I would be able to do anything more complicated than scarves and dishcloths. Oh my, I may even be seeing mittens and socks in my future. Actually, I think my next project will be a tea cozy. Thank you, dear Gateway Knitters, for your patience and good company.

4 comments:

  1. You go girl. I didn't even know there could be more than two needles. Duh. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprised? Not hardly Miss Jill of All Trades you are!!! I would love to learn. It would be the perfect thing to do on a chilly day in front of the fire.
    ps...you have to make some dish cloths and put them on etsy...I'll be the first in line, I hear they are great!
    Jodie
    everything vintage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it fun?! Beware....it becomes addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Girl! your enthusiasm will see you creating everything your heart desires x

    ReplyDelete