Tuesday, March 17, 2009

If You're Irish...


If you're Irish, come into the parlor,
There's a Welcome here for you
Well, it wasn't too easy getting Finn and Tess to sit still and smile for a little Irish picture, but here they are. They are spending the night with us, while their parents are out celebrating the holiday in the grand old Irish way.
Finn has the greatest hat. Underneath his shamrock jacket, his green shirt says "Wee Little
Troublemaker", and he showed up ringing my doorbell early this morning wearing his green frog wellies. Tess's shamrock bow didn't stay in her hair very long.
My husband's family is pure and total Irish. I'm only a little bit Irish, but our children and grands all turned out 100% green. So this is a big holiday around here. Funny thing is, we're the ones who stay home now, while everyone else goes out to party.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Sandi, your little Irish grands are TOO cute! How exciting that ya'll are Irish...I didn't know that! It's nice to hear that the holiday is still being celebrated in a big way. We don't do that here really, unless we go eat at Bennigan's! tee hee!
    Hope you have a grand green night with the little ones!!!!!!
    ps...I read your comment on Sandy's blog and you are too sweet. I am the one who is really happy that ya'll are blogging!!!! I look forward to every post of yours!
    everything vintage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my. They are absolutely, totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will we hear from you again before the NEXT holiday???
    I miss ya!!!!!
    What have you been up to????????
    everything vintage

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi.....Thank you for your comment! VERY SWEET OF YOU:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't celebrate outside our home either....anymore:) But your little munchkins spending the night sounds like fun to me:) Hope your evening was fun and full of leprechauns!!!

    ReplyDelete