Sunday, June 07, 2009

A Perfect Day



Lovely Miss Lindsey came to visit us to celebrate her 8th birthday yesterday. Weeks ago, I got this letter from her. She had designed her first dress and was confident that I could make it for her. I haven't sewed clothing in ages, but finding the fabric was definitely the hardest part. Orchid with blue polka dots. (Next time, we'll pick the fabric first!) Lindsey has been planning the perfect day for weeks, and everyone cooperated. A coconut cream pie from Grandpa. A Hello Kitty birthday cake. Roses and marshmallows from her Dad. A party with all her aunts and uncles and cousins. And then spending the night with us with a bath in the bubble tub, and time for crafting in my craft room. A perfect day and she planned it all in advance! My daughters and I decided she's got the right idea and we are now all planning our perfect birthdays. (Mine's next month, so I'll be first) Today we asked if she would have changed anything. She said "Yes, we would have all gone bowling."
Oh, and now she's forming her own company LDKC (LindseyD Kansas City) She's the designer, and I'm just supposed to make it all happen.......
Actually, it was all lots of fun, and she's just a sweetie who never asks for anything, until all these birthday plans happened. She said it was her best day ever, and we know she won't always think we're perfect.

4 comments:

  1. Yep, you've got a budding designer on your hands! My designer asked for something special for her 8th grade graduation. Something 1930s style, but knee length, bias cut....you can make that for me mom, can't you! Always up for a challenge :)

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHhhh that is so sweet!!!! she's very very talented and pretty! im interested in that silver bella thing you posted last time, looking forward to hearing more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice Grandma you are! I bet Lindsey will remember that forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your granddaughter is too cute for words with all of her great ideas and aren't you wonderful for making them come true! I love stories with happy endings! Thanks for granting us one! Blessings and Wishes, Katie

    ReplyDelete