Friday, May 21, 2010

And Now....For Something Completely Different!!











Here are just a few photos of the JUNK JOURNAL that I made after working at the Legislature this spring. I saved all the daily calendars, lots of ephemera, and put it all together. I love doing this. I am working on several using papers I've printed about all sorts of things that I don't need to keep but don't want to throw away. I've added envelopes, pockets, other origami bits, glued right over the scrap papers with scrapbook papers and wallpaper, etc. This helps me with my packrat tendencies--if I ever want to read these things again, I could! I'm always saving little pieces of information and flyers from everywhere I go, so this is a good way to use them
The book measures about 6" by 10". I folded the pages and put the folded side out. I also added lots of postcards, flyers and brochures. It was really a lot of fun to do. I'm going to use this as a class this summer at my house or at Adult Ed classes in the fall. I really want to start teaching classes again.




7 comments:

  1. It is awesome. I hope things are going well for you right now. Take care, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this.....I do the same thing..... keep all the pamphlets from wherever we visit.This is a great way to keep everything together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to keep stuff - much better than a pile or a shoebox! It's organized and fun to review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your compliment on the shop. I really appreciate your visit to my blog, and you taking the time to comment.
    I wish the best for you and what is going on health wise in your life. And this little post is so great- My sister also saves everything so I must pass along this idea to her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! Let me know when you are going to teach your class. I'd like to take it since I save lots of things too and need a fun way to be able to look at them again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:23 AM

    I loved your blog. See my blog at http://elpalpite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. woah! Awesome.
    Walked,btw am asian.

    ReplyDelete