Saturday, January 20, 2018

Spinning Around

Well, hello there. It's Saturday again, and I am writing. I did miss about eight weeks, just after I told myself that I no longer lived in a fog! (See last blog post, Nov 18 "Best of Plans".) I see it was all about finding contentment in my life just the way it was. So, of course, that same life did its' famous spin around and about--just as soon as I wrote those words.
I spent two wonderful, glorious weeks in England, which I think everyone must know is my favorite place in the world. But just before I left, I received two surprising messages. I am still trying to process one of them so I will leave it for another day. The second message was from an old friend. It was an invitation to dinner. This may seem like very normal to most people, but please remember this: My last date was in 1967. Yes, it had been a while. And do you know what happens when someone like me suddenly has a date? I will tell you. Dating advice. That's what. And times have changed. Of course, there are still the basics, and I would like to share what I have heard from friends and family.

Here are TheTop Ten Rules For Dating When You Don't Know How
1. Don't shave your legs. (This will keep you from making unwise decisions.)
2. Be sure to shave your legs. (Just in case you want to walk on the wild side.)
3. Get a pedicure. (Okay, I can do that.)                                                 
4. Buy new underwear. (Whaaaaaaatt????????)  
5. Remember "Netflix and Chill" is a code. (Neither of us knew the code, so that was ok)
6. Don't dress up too much. (You'll look like you are trying too hard.)
7. Don't wear jeans, sweat pants, or leggings (Not caring enough)
8.Don't talk too much. (I probably failed that one. I talk a lot. And then I worry that I talked a lot)
9.Be cool. Don't ask too many questions. (Failed that one too. I always want answers.)
10. And my favorite-- Don't wear your Death jewelry. ( I probably do have way more "death jewelry" than the average person. It's all those years of Victorian influence)

The evening went very well. And I'm happy to say there have been more very pleasant evenings. Sometimes, I feel very, very comfortable with the whole situation, and other times I feel like I am 15 again. I think I am finally learning to put the Past where it is supposed to be, and really living in my Now. I still don't know about my Future, but then we never do.

Message just pulled from the Wish Bottle: What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters, compared to what lies within us.
                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment