Tuesday, March 17, 2020

The Luck of the Irish


Happy St Paddy's Day. This beautiful hand embossed picture was a wedding present from my daughter-in-law and oldest son. Thank you Jim and Kristan. It hangs by our front door, so I can see and read it every day.

" May your troubles be less
And your blessings be more.
And nothing but happiness
Come through your door"

One of those simple Irish verses that manage to say it all, isn't it?

          Tess and Finn---Younger Days

My Irish Girls
Erin, Meg, Bridget
This is going to be the strangest March 17th that any of us have lived through. And I certainly hope it is the most unusual one that we will ever have to remember. There won't be a lot of celebrating going on I think, because almost everything is closed. The Corona virus has become a chilling reality. None of us knows what to expect. I don't think that it really hit me until I went to the grocery store and saw that so many aisles were empty. They were completely out of all the meats that I planned to buy. There were almost no canned goods. Hardly any soups, or fruits or vegetables. And everyone knows that paper products and cleaning supplies can barely stay on the shelves. And the sad thing is that it isn't because of lack. This has been caused by fear and hoarding. No one needs to have too much of anything.
The past several years have turned me into a bit of a minimalist in the area of food supplies, because I didn't have a kitchen. As a fraternity House Mom, I had a chef for five years, and really did very little grocery shopping. Now I am learning to cook again, and to plan meals. But we have only shopped for what we needed. I haven't had a full pantry or freezer. And we go out to eat a lot of nights. Seriously, a lot. Many restaurants have already closed. There is a very good chance that everyone will need to be quarantined for weeks if this virus is going to be controlled. 
Green Eggs and Ham
Lately, I have been seriously trying to be healthier. I just started a series of Pilates classes, and have started to feel a difference. And now my gym is closed. I have been flirting with the Keto diet, or at least a low carb version of proteins and veggies. As of today that is no longer working for me. Sadly, crisis has turned me into a monster for chips and chocolate. Tomorrow is another day, and I will hopefully come to my senses again before it is too late.




           

        

 From Me and Mine, 
     To You and Yours.               May the Future Be Bright             And Even Be Better 
     Than All of the Past
 Happy St Patrick's Day

1 comment:

  1. If you had financial problems, then it is time for you to smile. You only need to contact Mr. Benjamin  with the amount you wish to borrow and the payment period that suits you and you will have your loan  within three working days. I just benefited for the sixth time a loan of 700 thousand dollars for a period of 180 months with the possibility of paying before the expiration date. Mr Benjamin has be helping me with loan.Make contact with him and you will see that he is a very honest man with a good heart.His email is lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com  / lfdsloans@outlook.com   and his WhatApp phone number is + 1-989-394-3740 

    ReplyDelete