Friday, August 07, 2020

Second Story Cottage

 It's official! I have a name and a sign. Special thanks to my lifelong friend, Donna, for painting my sign. You may have noticed that this building is a one story structure. But for us, this is our second story, so it seems very appropriate. Last October, while on our honeymoon, we stumbled upon one of my favorite bookstores. It is in Laramie, Wyoming, and is called "The Second Story", because it is located upstairs in an historic building.  I wrote about it before, when I first fell in love with it. What could be more fascinating than an old bordello converted to a book shop. Shenanigans and Stories, how perfect is that? We went back in December and visited again. This was when we had to retrieve the car which had been in Wyoming since the transmission failed. Really, it was a total bit of serendipity that made this name happen. Sort of like our whole relationship.

The Cottage has been evolving, and I am sure it will change a lot after I use it more. I still have several more pictures to hang on the walls. I have already changed out some of the furniture. I am trying not to have it be too crowded, but I'm not sure if that is possible.

At first I had a nice old 1940's style desk in this spot. I liked it so much that I wanted to put it in the front room of the house as my computer desk. It looks great in the house, and I use it every day. On our trip to Clear Lake for my birthday, we found this perfect drop leaf table. It's very narrow, but when a leaf is up, there is lots of space for crafting and writing.


I have a very fitting pillow for the chair. I also have a cute little dragonfly door knocker, and a pineapple Welcome flag outside. All gifts with special meanings. 

I have done a little sewing. I can keep an amazing amount of supplies hidden behind the curtains in the storage area. I am trying to use the cottage for writing, machine sewing and paper journaling projects. I want to keep hand sewing in the house. I do like to stitch while I binge watch tv.

And here's a little reminder from Jane Austen.  "Completely and Perfectly and Incandescently Happy" A few years ago I was sure that I would never be happy again. And look at me now. I am living my second story.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely perfect!! I am sure you will be creating lot's of projects in your cozy cottage!
    Hug's, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name - and your perfect little cottage.

    ReplyDelete