Friday, December 23, 2011

CHRISTMAS MOURNING

REMEMBERING RICH AND JIM


CHRISTMAS 2011




This isn't the Christmas I've dreamed of, it's true...


But I still want to send a greeting to you.


I'll always remember this year as the worst.


And, yes, I do wonder if maybe I'm cursed.


It's been a hard year, and you all have come through


With love and with friendship, I am grateful for you.


I know that I haven't always answered the phone.


My body is here, but my heart isn't at home.


There's an unwritten law--when one loses a spouse-


Everything falls apart in the house.


The furnace, the faucets, the drains, and the car---


But these aren't the reasons I miss him, by far!


I'm tired of sadness, I'm wearied by sorrow...


I'm sick of waiting each day for tomorrow.


So I cry when I laugh and I laugh when I cry


And don't understand why good people die.


But little by little, and yes, bit by bit.


The tree is put up, and the candles are lit.


The stores are too cheery with music and such


So I'm shopping online and not doing much.


I try to remember, though it's lonely down here


There's a party upstairs... And they are feeling the cheer.


Go hug all your children. Give your loved ones a kiss


And celebrate Christmas for those that we miss.


Love,


Sandi

4 comments:

  1. Not every Christmas is white -- some are blue, blue indeed. Hugs to you and may you find heart's ease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all you are doing! amazing!!! I love you my beautiful sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:32 AM

    This is just so beautiful. T

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope 2012 is a much better year for you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete