Sunday, January 01, 2012

Ring In the New

Happy New Year! Can you hear my sigh of relief that it is 2012? When I posted last January, I gave myself two words for the year. One was Accept, which I am keeping. The other was Soar. I didn't. I also wanted to revamp my blog and set a goal of 200 followers. I did add a few, but missed the goal. I am grateful for those of you who have stayed with me. Many of my posts start at one place and end up entirely somewhere else. So much of my past eighteen months have just been about getting through another day that I am almost afraid to even plan for the future. That's why I liked this post by Dr. Wayne Dyer:

"Forget about those New Year’s resolutions in which you decide on the first day of January how you will be conducting your life for the next twelve months. Instead, set up day-to-day goals for yourself, and then resolve to begin living with present moment awareness for the rest of your life. When you get good at living your present moments one day at a time, you’ll see yourself changing right before your own surprised eyes. Remember, anyone can do anything for just one day, so tune out the sentences that keep you locked into your old self-defeating ways and begin to enjoy each day of your bright new year."

I have always liked to make Resolutions. For years I have stayed up until the New Year, taking stock of my past year and planning for the future. But, I have learned that the Future is a wily old scoundrel who sometimes has his way with us, no matter what we may plan. I have changed so much from the woman who started a little crafty blog, and wanted to share her thoughts about her happy, hectic life. I miss her so.

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes just getting through every day is accomplishment enough! I hope 2012 is a better year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year My Friend~
    You ARE that same little crafty girlie that I met at Silver Bella years ago...you're just where you need to be right now. Grieving for loved ones is something you should never need to apologize for nor feel guilty about. Ever! It's what our hearts are made of...lots of love and memories that has to be processed in the absence of, but never forgotten.
    I hope 2012 brings you peace and happiness, knowing that people around you need you and love you.

    This is a new year...a new life...a new beginning. Chin up with a big smile and know that someone waaaaay down here in Cajun Country loves you very much!!!!
    xoxoxo~
    jodie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:23 AM

    I hope 2012 brings you everything you need and more. You're a tuff cookie, tougher than you may give yourself credit, but it's all there. Love you, babe and enjoy today, that's all we have until tomorrow becomes today. T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life can throw us for some loops and you have been through some doozies recently. I think one day at a time is wonderful advice. My non resolution word for this year is "begin" which is something we can do anew each day. I wish for all good things for your this year dear Sandi.
    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same feeling-- making plans is a meaningless exercise nowadays. i never know what else I'm going to have to respond to... I like the quote you picked, there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandi, I read about your dear ones...many hugs to you ~ ♥ ~ I'm a new follower...
    Best,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete