Monday, February 12, 2007

Catching Up


Okay, let's just say that I haven't quite mastered the every day (or week) posting thing yet. Lots going on at the house. Jim tore the bathroom apart, put up wainscoating, painted and bought a real vanity. So it is starting to go with the rest of the house. A little explanation here. When we bought the house last summer, it was decorated very differently than what we wanted. I liked it, but it just wasn't me. The front room was tangerine, dining room was dark teal, kitchen was lemon yellow and purple, etc. etc. And all very funky and modern with track lighting, and unusual details. (Stecilled pressed wood flooring in the kitchen; pressed wood counter top for the bathroom sink; table legs stuck in bowling balls, etc) The former owner was an artist and had large canvases everywhere that went really well with his colors. We are going for the more traditional Craftsman look, so it's just a litttttle different. Here's a picture of the bathroom walls before. I'm not exactly sure what you call the metal siding that he used for the walls. It was pretty different. Sort of an auto mechanic's garage effect.

We haven't started my craft room yet. Final estimates are supposed to come in next week, but I think we'll probably wait until spring, since it's part of a pretty big project. I finally put a table upstairs and have been bringing my supplies up little by little. I'm in a few swaps so I've been working on projects again. Creating makes me happier.

2 comments:

  1. I have been checking to see if you were posting....
    oh lord! renovating - we did that 7 years ago! have fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been very busy!!! Your house will look great!
    I need to get away from the computer...which is causeing knee and eye problems for me and get something cone around MY house!

    ReplyDelete